Church was started as a Mission of First Southern Baptist Church of
El Mirage in 1953. After three years as a mission church it was constituted,
October 1956, into a New Testament church and named Immanuel Baptist
Church of North El Mirage.
Located on Jerry Street of Surprise we built our first building. The
name was changed to First Baptist. In 1964 land was donated on Santa
Fe Dr and Church Street and the first unit was built at this location,
in 1966 the second unit was added and we have remained at this location
for forty-two years. Many people have had their lives touched and changed
by the influence of this church.
In August of 2003 Pastor Don Darnell and the congregation invited Country
Baptist Mission, a mission church of South Peoria Baptist Church to
join with them and be one congregation. The merger was completed in
October of that year. In that process a new name was selected as First
Country Baptist Church a new constitution was formed and new cooperation
papers were file. A new charter membership was started and the two became
Country Baptist Church had started in February of 2000 in a home and
moved to meet in the facilities of Sunset View Baptist Church in El
Mirage on the first of April. A grand opening was held and the mission
church met there until September when it relocated to a shopping center
on 99th Ave north of Peoria Ave.
The years of ministry in this community are sixty-one years and fifty-eight of those
as a constituted New Testament church serving the community of Surprise.
We offer spiritual help, traditional moral values; we are truly an old
country church in the city.